Monday, October 13, 2008

Negative Space

PROJECT #2 UNDER THIS ENTRY!!! SCROLL DOWN~!!!! ^^

This was a fun exhibition. I have been waiting and dying to see the pieces that are in the gallery. As Svet puts it "Waiting so badly that you forgot about it". haha. Yea, I kept thinking the opening was next Friday for some strange reason. I only found out because Svet and Mari were staying late at the office and talking about it. *phew* Didn't want to miss that.

It's held at the mini gallery, not the main one. While exhibition space was limited, there were an amazing amount of pieces in there. I saw some of those lettering works from Jim's class in there and it hit me.


I should have submitted this one too! Damn. =x It's just sitting under my bed cuz I can't bear to throw it out lol. Since it's mounted. And I'm bad at mounting.

Anyways. The Bao Bao Bakery styleguide I did for Barbara's class is in the gallery. :D My roommates Chad, Jahaira, Jenny and M@ (plus honarary roommate Randall -__-) all went as well! :D Which was great since Jenny and Jahaira had pieces in there too! We hovered over the tiny mac screen for a LONG watching ALL the MGs on display that Magdy's class did. They were all amazing. My mind cannot think in motion so they were all just brilliant!

I'm very glad the production pieces from our class are in there. Those were really fantastic. Terry, I loved the redesign of the logo. It's adorable!!! I was so happy I saw yours in there! ^____^ hehe. I am also super in love with the Tokyo posters in there. The superb one by err... Pui? Pum? -_- One of them. lol. They're both fantastic. lol. And the loved the other ones with the crane on a ski lift for Hokkaido. I loled.

Food!!! I'm so glad they were able to work out the food situation. @_@ What's an opening without food dammit?! Delicious croissant sandwiches, great hummus stuffs, veggie dip, cookies blah blah. So after perusing the whole gallery we all sat outside and ate. I went back in for more food and suddenly Jahaira runs in and scares me half to death. Followed by Jenny. They apparently discovered FRUIT PIECES unopened under the veggie platter when peering in from the window outside. The three of us freaked out and rearranged the platters so we could open up and access the fruit. lawl. Good thing too. Strawberries! Pineapples! Grapes!!! Oh my. :D We were like vultures! >:D Before I left I had Magdy open up the new box of cookies since I felt bad after our shenanigan with the fruits. lol.

Great artwork. Friends. Faculty. Food. Beat up the pillars holding up the art department. Found out Magdy can kick really really high. It was great. ^_^

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 12:58 AM , Blogger About Me: said...

damn you blog a lot! or maybe you just write a lot every time you blog... either way calm down woman!

oh and i remember when you made that injury design... i would always come sneak into jim's class cuz he's awesome. you should've submitted it!

 
At October 20, 2008 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Joe Bautista said...

great recap. people make money blogging you know. perhaps a side gig.
thanks for caring.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home