Friday, August 29, 2008

Cosplay!!! ^_^

Cosplay, short for "costume play", is the act of dressing up as your favorite Japanese animation (anime) characters. We attend anime conventions where we would show off our costumes and pose for pictures for the anime community. Serious cosplayers will try their best and pose and act according to their character's personality.

I love cosplaying. Cosplaying is a fun and expensive hobby of mine and my roommates. I am very glad my roommates are into doing this kind of thing as well, seeing as how it's more fun with more people and we can dress up together as characters from the same show.

This summer I attended Anime Expo held at the Los Angeles Convention center dressed up as Nami from One Piece. It was my first, really big convention and I had a BLAST. :D


The only other costume I have done in the past would be Rukia from the famous anime Bleach. I wore it to the convention held on campus, MikomiCon, back in 2007. It is a yearly convention mid September that takes over the entire USU. This year it will be held Fri, Sat and Sun at the USU on Sept. 19-21. I created their website BTW. ^o^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home