Monday, September 29, 2008

I like Pocky.

Pocky is one of my favorite food snacks. It's convenient. Easy to take around. Fun to eat. Tastes good. When I told my roommates one of my classmates are redesigning the packaging, everyone's first reaction was... WHAT?! WHY?!?!?!

Anyone that knows Japanese culture knows Pocky. It's a very famous brand that's been around for decades. I'll admit the graphics could use a lift, it is getting a little outdated. A girl in our class did a FABULOUS job with the design. It looks fresh, new and very delish. I The only problem I have with it, is the package design. She made it long and cubular. OMG. NO. -_- My number one pet peeve with a package is that it doesn't function as it is supposed to. Pocky packaging is flat and rectangular. You can easily pack it into your bag with the rest of your crap and you are good to go! :D We don't have cubular cell phones, tissue packets or cube wallets for a reason. Everything is usually flat because it's easier to fit places and take around. Even rounded and cylindrical would have been better. At least it would fit nicely and comfortably in your hands... T_T That's my only qualm about that.

Gomen ne. Hope I didn't offend anyone. =/ For that is not my intention. Well. This is my blog. I like to talk about the things that I like, or things that bother me. :D Overall I really really did like the design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home